The Alberta Ballet School trains, develops and nurtures dancers from as young as age three through to professional performance careers and beyond. With some of the world's foremost teachers in ballet on staff, the School also boasts its own private junior and senior academic school alongside its full-year residence in partnership with Mount Royal University.
The Academic Department of School of Alberta Ballet is seeking a part-time Academic Program Assistant working out of the schools downtown location in Calgary Alberta.
Supporting the Academic Principal with their strong data base skill-sets, attention to detail and organizational skills, the Academic Program Assistant will assist with school programming to meet school objectives. The focus of the Academic Program Assistant role is administrative services and includes administrative assistance, clerical support, and record management while operating in a manner that meets the legal obligations and responsibilities of the School Act, School of Alberta Ballet Policies, and corporate safety regulations and procedures, while adhering to the teaching Professional Code of Conduct.
Administrative Assistant/Clerical Support including but not limited to:
- Serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Academic Principal: coordinates meetings, screens calls and provides factual information regarding operation of the school, prepares form letters and notices. Relays messages. Takes minutes/notices at staff/PAC meetings as required. Prepares monthly visa and expense claims.
- Responsible for start of school procedures and end of year procedures and school registration, time tables/schedules, report cards, and achievement awards/graduation
- Request files/transcripts
Data Management and Reporting duties including but not limited to:
- Maintains accurate school enrollment records by processing changes to personal data, class lists, and additions and deletions to the school. Compiles reports and summaries as necessary.
- Completes work relating to student information systems: Demographics, Enrolment, Student and Teacher Scheduling, Grades, Report Cards (PowerSchool)
- Prepares and/or assists in summaries and reports as required; Enrollment data, School Course Marks, Diploma Exam Registration, Annual Education Results Report, ERR, Three Year Plan, Accountability Pillar
- Manage attendance records of staff and students
- Manage Student Records pursuant to Alberta Education Student Record Regulations
Support the school with Event Planning including the following:
- Assist in scheduling of parent teacher interviews
- Assist with monthly and annual awards
- Assist in booking/scheduling/planning field trips, events, and programs including culture nights and graduation
Location: School of Alberta Ballet, 906-12 Ave SW Calgary
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Four to six years’ in a similar role in a school environment with office administration experience
- Post-secondary diploma in a recognized administrative assistant program (i.e. Administrative Information Management Diploma or equivalent) is an asset
- Knowledge of PowerSchool and Alberta Education PASI Prep is an asset
- Previous experience with data base management is required
- Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy
- Strong computer and technical proficiency/records management systems
- Exceptional customer service orientation towards students, staff, parents, and government agencies
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability and success in building productive relationships with co-workers, staff and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
The successful candidate must successfully pass a Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector check and complete Respect in Sport/School training (cost to be covered).
Why Alberta Ballet
- Flexible work schedule over summer
- School closures between Christmas and New Years, closed on stat holidays, reduced hours over summer
- Discount for employee and immediate family for enrollment at the School of Alberta Ballet
- Discount for employee on Alberta Ballet company dancers and guest performances at the Jubilee
- Small team work environment
To learn more about the School of Alberta Ballet please click here
Please include your cover letter and resume as one document (PDF) through the company’s careers tab.
Accepting applications until ideal candidate is determined. Ideal start date is immediately.